Sandra Chmielewski, RMHCI, ACPE, BCC
As a mental health counselor, I will help you understand and learn about what is going on and develop a plan to address it. I have been serving and helping others for 30 years through parent and family education, spiritual formation, pastoral counseling, spiritual care education, and now counseling through private practice. I have a wealth of experience for understanding people, life challenges, and the healing path. See more in Services. Sandra's license IMH23668. Sandra is supervised by Alyson Landeros, license number MH13870.
Sandra’s counseling style is strengths-based and client-centered. Interventions are unique to individual needs to support long-term results: Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT); Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT); Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART); Action and Commitment Therapy (ACT); Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT). Sandra also has training in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mind-Body Skills, Sacred Art of Living & Dying, Breathwork, Grief & Loss, Psychological First Aid (PFA), Crisis Incident Stress Management (CISM), Spiritual Direction.
Sandra moved to Tampa in 2014 to be closer to family. Sandra enjoys having her two adult children now in Tampa. Sandra enjoys laughing with family and friends, playing cards and cooking. Personal quality time includes reading, sewing, day trips with hubby, journaling, and training her dog Koda.
Education & Experience
- M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A Theology
- ACPE Certified Educator/Supervisor
- Spiritual Director/Supervisor
- M.Ed. Parent/Family Education
- Presenter/Teacher on various topics
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Sacred Art of Living & Dying
- Crisis Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- Psychological First Aid (PFA) Adjunct
- Mind-Body Skills
- Grief & Loss
Therapy dogs are sometimes called "comfort dogs." They support a person's mental health by providing attention and comfort. Their sweet demeanors and unconditional love are believed to have a therapeutic benefit to those who face mental health challenges. Koda brings joy to the counseling office and provides unconditional love and comfort. Koda is a happy dog. Her curiosity helps her connect with new clients and create a trusting relationship. Koda looks forward to meeting you.
- Member of American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Member of Suncoast Mental Health Counselors Association (SMHCA)
- Member of Florida Mental Health Counselors Association (FMHCA)
- Member of American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA)
- Member of Tampa Bay Spiritual Companions